Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Coming together



Trevor ran into a problem with the rear doors. The OEM machine screws that hold the hinges to the body are too short to get through the quarter panel with the little bit of body filler that we had to use. I'll have to get my dad to help me find some longer ones. There is a set of black oxide screws in there now.


This is the second replacement gas tank that I have bought in the past month. Toyota still makes the original tank, but installed a return gas line in it, though the 1973 model year didn't have a return line from the carburetor. I decided to weld the return line shut on the tank to eliminate the danger of fumes in the cab.

Only we welded the wrong one. And it couldn't be repaired.

So I had to buy another one.


It looks good, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment