Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Decals


Shane Walters, a Land Cruiser enthusiast in Oregon, makes reproduction decals for Land Cruisers. Nearly all of the ones on my truck that I did not have made myself came from him.

At left is a reproduction of a decal that was found on the back rest of the jump seats that Walters had made. I bought a set a few days ago. They are about an inch long and the color of masking tape. I recall a piece of one of these decals on my jump seats, but it was removed long ago when I had them sand blasted and repainted.

Walters' eBay Store is full of reproduction decals that have long been discontinued or were never offered for sale and his work is second to none. Little details like these make a big difference and really finish out a project well.

I'm trying to help him with a part decal for the rear heater, the last decal that is missing from my truck. At least the last one that I know about.

2 comments:

  1. Oh oh oh! I know what that decal says!

    "Pirate Princess Morgan is the bomb dot com and she should have something shiny everyday."

    I learned "the bomb dot comb" from my friend here at school. And ho' muffin. I heart my new friend, don't you!

    And I think I am the first person to comment on this blog. I like the new name better than "The Other Woman" because I think that was just code for "You have an ass as big around as a tire."

    ~bats her lashes and grins~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this new name better, too. I toyed with a couple of other names, but they were sort of lame. This one is best.

    And the decal says,"Andy's Super Truck is so freaking cool"

    ReplyDelete